Sunday 4 July 2010

Textile gathering.

Last Wednesday the studio welcomed a great group of textile ladies who had regularly taken part in my workshops over the last few years.
For the last 10 years I've cooked and created lunch for my students & we've enjoyed a vast array of culinary delights, yet on this occasion the tables were turned so everyone brought along a contribution & we had the chance to catch up on where their tactile techniques had taken them.
Maggie has moved on to BA Contemporary Practice at MMU, Val's studio is just about up and running, Cath showed us a stunning devore creation [soon to be exhibited at Cannon Hall], Wendy's calligraphy has gone from strength to strength, Angela brought her basket full of textile treats and Ali's time is all taken up creating a whole new being!! [Big congratulations!]
Thank you all for a lovely afternoon indulgently chatting, eating and drinking - I had my camera at the studio yet was so involved I forgot to use it...we'll have to do it all again soon to get a group shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails